Foreign currency deposit
Saving up to 13 foreign currencies.
USD, GBP, EUR, JPY, SGD, CHF, AUD, NZD, HKD, CAD, CNY, MYR และ IDR
Convenience for ones who earn income in foreign currencies.
Increase business opportunities and effective cost management.
Receive higher interest rate than saving account in Thai baht.
Prevent risk from currency exchange.
- Corporates are able to open an account by choosing preferred type of bank account; saving, fixed and current. For personal and foreigners, see the details.
- Transactions must be made at the opening branch only.
- Transactions can be made everyday. After 4:00 PM, limited to USD 5,000 per person per transaction.
What you should know
Depositors should follow an exchange rate moment in order to compare between return from exchange and interest rate.
Interest rate and withholding tax
at foreign currency deposit interest rate as announced by the Bank
|Interest Received||More information|
|Saving account: Receive interests twice a year (June and December)|
|Fixed account: Receive an interest at maturity date. An interest rate is according to the date of deposit||Withdraw before maturity date will be deducted by 2% from interest rate|
|Current account: No interest|
Withholding tax Rate
|Withholding tax Rate||More information|
|1% for Corporate and juristic person||Tax exemption if receiving an interest not more than 20,000 baht annually|
|Tax exemption for foreign government organization|
Detail of deposit
|Type of Customer||Condition||Corporate|
|Foreign currencies earned from overseas||Without obligation||Unlimited deposit limit (SFCD)|
|Foreign currencies earned from domestic sources||With obligation||The deposited amount must not exceed the limit of obligated disbursement (DFCD)|
|Without obligation||USD 5,000,000 or equivalent in other currencies (DSFCD)|
|Thai||Daily deposit not more than 10,000 USD or equivalent in other currencies|
|Foreign||Unlimited deposit limit|
|Type of deposit||Fee||More Information|
|Foreign currencies earned from overseas||Deposit fee at 1%, minimum 500 baht|
|Withdrawal fee at 0.6% of amount in USD||Other currencies 1% at minimum 500 baht|
|Thai baht Exchange to Foreign Currency, deposit into the account utilizing SELLING T/T exchange rate||
Foreign Bank’s Charge
|Foreigners must present Work Permit and income statement. Able to buy not more than earned salary|
|International Money Transfer via Internet by the bank with inbound and outbound transfer advice through e-mail||No fee||For deposit receiving from domestic sources, the maximum remaining balance per person (including all currencies and all banks) must not exceed the limit specified by the Bank of Thailand|
- Unstable exchange rate
- Employment of T/T Selling rate by the bank in calculating the selling of foreign currency to be deposited in FCD
- Employment of T/T Buying rate by the bank in calculating the buying of foreign currency from a customer’s FCD account
Easy to apply
- Copy of Company’s Memorandum of Association and Company Regulations
- Copy of Company Certificate issued by the Commercial Registration Bureau Ministry of Finance
- Copy of Registration Certificate
- Copy of Trade Registration
- Minutes of Board of Directors meeting stipulating intention to open a bank account including power of attorney and payment condition and certified by authorized person and company seal
- List of authorized signatories
- Copy of valid National identification smart card
- Copy of census registration of authorized signatories
Saving your foreign currencies with Krungthai
- Open Foreign currencies account at all branches
- Please contact Nana Nua office (Level 2) for more information
- (6th floor), Nana Nua Building and other branches