No-fuss Transfer, Beneficiary’s Convenience
Should there be requirements for overseas money transfer to pay tuition fees, goods purchases or relatives living abroad or receive inward remittances from foreign banks, payment for expatriates in Thailand or any other transactions, Krungthai Bank is there to offer customers a no-fuss transfer service that affords beneficiary’s convenience with the least amount of time taken at the one-stop service point because you:
- Can access the service at any branch from more than 1,000 KTB branches nationwide without the fuss of having to stick to any one branch;
- Can make the transfer to any destination bank around the world* as KTB enjoys global partnership with designated banks overseas for the service
- Benefit from attractive exchange rates while the beneficiaries at overseas destinations have instant access to the remittance the day the transfer is made;**
- Enjoy quick access to inward remittance from overseas banks and attractive exchange rates or simply bank it in an existing Foreign Currency Deposit Account (FCD) and
Receive an instant e-Advice notification of either outward or inward remittance from the Bank to your e-Mail address.
* Not applicable to bank accounts or countries for which financial transfers are banned.
* * Krungthai Bank’s conditions apply.
Outward Remittance Service
Customers requiring outward remittance service no longer have to fret as they follow these simple steps:
- Fill in the request form >> submit >> keep the remittance confirmation slip. With the process complete, your overseas beneficiary will have immediate access to the remittance on the day the transaction is made.*
- Krungthai Bank offers Outward Remittance Service using an advanced transfer system that makes the process convenient, quick, timely and secure. The simple process is handled by professionals at more than 1,000 KTB branches nationwide. Alternatively, the service is available online via KTB netbank.
* Krungthai Bank’s conditions apply, taking into account the different Time Zone of each country and the operating hours of the destination banks; the service is not available to bank accounts or countries for which financial transfers are banned.
Three simple steps to access the service through more than 1,000 KTB branches nationwide:
1. Fill in the Outward Remittance Request Form;
2. Submit the Request Form along with documents required for the transaction and the remittance;
3. Keep the remittance confirmation slip.
Special transaction e-Advice via e-Mail message:
e-Advice is an instant e-Mail service to advise the customers of their remittance transaction(s). Simply make the request by notifying KTB’s nationwide branches of your e-Mail address.
Papers required for Outward Remittance
- Official documents verifying the authenticity of the person making the transfer (for ordinary customers: a copy of I.D. card or passport; official papers pertaining to juristic persons: a copy each of company prospectus and capital registration certificate);
- Proof(s) of transaction intent;
- A Request Form for the transaction of outward remittance worth over USD 50,000 or its equivalent in other foreign currencies;
Information pertaining to the Beneficiary of the Remittance
- The beneficiary’s account name and number for the remittance;
- The name and bank code of the destination bank overseas, e.g. SWIFT CODE, IBAN NO., ABA No., SORT CODE.
Outward Remittance fee, select one
Charge Ben. : The beneficiary is responsible for the foreign bank’s transfer charges. This will be deducted from the transferred amount. Therefore, the beneficiary only receives the amount minus bank charges. On the other hand, a service fee of Baht 400/ transaction, applicable to all foreign currencies, is charged when the transaction is made through KTB branches. For online transaction via KTB netbank, however, a special Baht-300 charge per transaction applies.
Charge Our : In case the beneficiary wishes to receive Pay in Full* transfer, the transferor will be responsible for the foreign bank charges.
* The remittance beneficiary may receive only the transferred amount minus bank fee as a result of the terms applied by the foreign bank.
Examples of paper(s)/ document(s) required as proof(s) of remittance intent
Proof(s) of college enrolment, e.g. verification letter (papers) from related educational institutions/ verification letter (papers) from the Office of the Civil Service Commission, etc.
Travel expenses to foreign destination(s)
Passport/Airline ticket/ proof(s) of mode of transport/ billing proof(s) originated by overseas operator(s), etc.
Costs of purchases/ services/ any other costs with billing proofs originated by overseas operator(s)
Purchase - sale agreement, billing proof(s), invoices or shipping proof(s), etc.
Allowance for family members/ relatives with overseas residence (not over USD 1,000,000/ year or the equivalent)
Official proof(s) of permanent residency granted by the host country;
Papers proving kindred ties.
Purchase of overseas property to be used as residence (not over USD 10,000,000/ year or the equivalent)
Document(s) certifying the necessity;
Details of the property;
Official certification form (originated by the Bank of Thailand)
For more information, please contact
- Foreign Exchange Business Department Tel. 0-2208-3616 to 20
- Krungthai Bank, nationwide, click here to locate the nearest branch to you
- Call Center +662 111-1111 (www.contactcenter.ktb.co.th)