Planning to further your studies in Australia?
Conveniently open an Australian bank account with our partner bank in Australia at KTB before you travel to Australia.
Easing your transition to further your studies in Australia, KTB enables you to open an Australian bank account before you depart from Thailand with the leading Australian bank, which has over 800 branches and 2,700 ATMs across Australia. This will assure that your funds are securely transferred and waiting for you in Australia. Register now at http://www.movingtoaustralia.anz.com/krungthaibank
Why should you open an Australian bank account at KTB?
- Easily register via the internet and receive your australian bank account number before you depart from Thailand.
Have your peace of mind intact when traveling without carrying large amount of cash, because you can conveniently transfer your funds from your KTB account to your AUD account before you depart Thailand. Plus you can cash out your money at any of the 800 branches conveniently when you reach Australia.
In addition, Our partner Bank has branches in Sydney and Melbourne international airport which operate 7 days a week 20 hours per day. Just visit these branches and conveniently activate your account when you reach Australia.
- No account registration fee, plus you will have your “5 AUD” monthly account service fee waived by our partner Bank if you are a full time student*.
- Students over 18 can apply for an Access Visa Debit Card** which can be used to withdraw cash in Australia and overseas. Students under 18 can apply for an Access Visa Debit Card which can be used to withdraw cash in Australia only.
- After having an australian bank account approved, you can apply and use our partner bank highly accommodating alliance Bank internet banking service by calling 0018006121052 (toll free). Once your internet banking service application is approved by our partner Bank, you can log on to check your account name, account number and check your funds transferred from Thailand receipt.
Eligibility criteria for opening an account with our partner bank
- Being a Thai student who wants to study in Australia.
- Being 16 years of age or over (students under 16 years can open a joint account with parents)
- Being a new client currently residing outside of Australia, who will be available to be identified in Australia upon arrival
- Intend to migrate to Australia within one year of submitting the application
- Use the account for personal use only – it cannot be used as a business account
How to open an Australian bank account with KTB
- Go to http://www.movingtoaustralia.anz.com/krungthaibank to view the full information, terms & conditions.
- Complete an application form.
- Check the accuracy of your information and submit the application form.
- Our partner bank will notify you by sending an email of your application receipt.
- Once you get an account number from our partner Bank, which will be within two working days, you can transfer funds from your KTB account to your alliance Bank account.
- Important!! Client must contact any of our partner bank branch in Australia within 6 days after arrival and present your passport in order to activate your account.
KTB only refers clients to the bank account service and is not involved in the application and approval process. Furthermore, KTB is not involved in the product and service information provided on the partner Bank website. Approval of clients application is at the sole discretion of the partner bank .
* Full time students need to show proof of enrolment with an Australian Educational Institution at any Branch in order to receive a monthly account service fee waiver on one nominated Access Advantage account.
** Eligibility criteria apply to issuance of Access Visa Debit cards.
For more information please contact the Foreign Exchange Business department at tel: 662-208-3616 to 3618 or
- Krungthai Bank, nationwide, click here to locate the nearest branch to you
- KTB Call Center 0-2111-1111 (www.contactcenter.ktb.co.th)